Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Life is Sweet

Hello everyone! I told myself I would do a better job of blogging, and it helps that I have had moments of inspiration hit me here and there. I have one to share today that I really love, and I take a lot of comfort in the sentiment. Especially so, given the events in Boston on Monday.

DSCF2234

DSCF2236

I used, The Sweet Life, a multi-step floral set from Papertrey Ink. It builds the most wonderful cabbage roses. Next to hydrangea, roses happen to be my favorite flowers. The more hues of ink in ones arsenal, the more possible combinations. Personally, I like to make mine look as realistic as possible. I mean, I doubt you’ll see neon roses here. I guess it could be fun if you’re into that kind of thing.

Because I can’t be satisfied with less, I went back in with some paisley stamps from a Recollections cling mount set that I just love. And, I filled in the pattern further with the strawberry flower from Strawberry Patch. The dots are from Polka Dot Basics I. I used my Envelope Pattern backgrounder to add a little texture.

I stamped my sentiment on a strip of vellum and heat embossed it with some detail gold embossing powder from Recollections. I used the envelope pattern on the back of the sentiment strip because I felt it needed a little bit of color, and because, I just can’t leave well enough alone.

The panel was sewn to a Kraft base embossed with my Squared Lattice folder. And, to finish it off, I added some buttons threaded with Rustic Cream twine, and silk ribbon.

Alrighty, that is it for me! I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Keep the people of Boston in your thoughts. I thank you all for visiting, and I wish you a very blessed day!

5 comments :

  1. beautiful!! love the pattern you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trell, this is such a beautiful card. And I'm with you, I want my Sweet Life roses to look "real" - yours are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY Trell this is so lovely! Looks just like patterned paper and the gold embossing is such an elegant touch. Your stitching is re-donk-u-lous. As in redonkulously good. That's my favorite made up word in the world and I used it daily, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The patterned paper that you made is gorgeous! I love the paisley stamp that you added. Great detail, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trell ~ Hello sweet friend! So happy to see you post! GORGEOSU card! LOVE all the details and the embossing on vellum ~ TOTALLY love! Plus as always ~ you had me at sewing! I couldn't agree with more on Boston ~ so very sad!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!